Vacancy: Lab technician
FUMI Ingredients is a young innovative startup in the field of alternative proteins. We develop high value food ingredients from natural micro-organisms and aim to replace animal-based ingredients such as egg-whites with our vegan alternatives. As part of our company’s commitment to further scale-up our next generation egg-whites as well as other ingredients, FUMI Ingredients is expanding its team. One of our key open positions is for a lab technician, who will be responsible for running our lab- and bench-scale process as well as developing new analytical protocols.
Role and responsibilities
· Responsible for running and troubleshooting the lab and bench-scale process
· Testing the efficiency of current and future unit operations.
· Perform overall process optimizations of the current process.
· Developing new analytical methods in the lab.
· Responsible for writing technical reports and powerpoints.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bsc. in Food Technology/Biotechnology/Chemical engineering or a closely related field with an affinity for working in a lab is preferred.
We are looking for a person with a practical attitude, high level of initiative and communication, as well as a high standard for quality. Your personality can be described as result oriented, flexible and outgoing. You are a team player and fluent in English.
· A competitive salary
· Initially a temporary contract of 7 months, with an outlook on a permanent contract
· 25 holidays on annual basis
Foreseeable start date: 1st of November 2021
Interested? Please send your CV & Motivation letter in English to:
For further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org